NBW negotiated approval for a six-phase masterplan with Guildford Borough Council. The second phase comprised a new music school, eight laboratories, five classrooms and two offices. The project included a new extension on three floors that replaced a 1960s single storey building, and the extension and re-planning of an existing two-storey science building.
The elevations are intended to be sympathetic to the existing buildings and in particular to the adjacent Grade II Prior’s Garth house by CFA Voysey (1903).
The recital room seats an audience of 80. The new labs are very well equipped and typically accomodate 24 pupils.
Read more about our work in this sector.