The Old Chapel was built in 1851, not as a chapel but as an electrical accumulator charging station. Heavy batteries were brought here by horse drawn transport to be charged. The charging process involved a major hazard, as the batteries were liable to explode! The charging stations were therefore built with thick walls of engineering brick and tall thin windows, which would allow any blast to escape. From the outside they resembled chapels. We converted the Old Chapel into 12 luxury apartments for developer Paddison Construction.
Read more about our work in this sector.