We were part of the team that restored La Hougue Bie for the Jersey Museums Service. Working with archaeologists and geo-technical engineers, we helped reveal the original cairn facade of this neolithic passage grave, constructed in 3800BC. In the 12th century a church was built on top of the mound.
NBW sought a compromise between the church, the cairn facade and the grass covered mound over the tomb. Archaeologists gradually revealed the facade while a concrete tunnel dating from 1926 was demolished. The finished result confirmed the accuracy of the concept sketch.
Read more about our work in this sector.