This former stable block dates back to the 1580’s and is in the grounds of Chawton House. It has been restored by NBW to its earlier condition which involved the removal of 1980’s additions and the reinstatement of earlier cross windows. The building is Grade 2 listed and is used as a residence. The project involved considerable negotiations with the Conservation Officer and English Heritage.
The stables are in the grounds of Chawton House, an Elizabethan and Jacobean building. The restoration of the main house, also by NBW, gained both regional and national RIBA conservation awards.